Thursday, September 22, 2011

How would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?

I've been working with at risk children, and one of the children has really been acting up at school. His mother is at the end of her rope, and I've decided to take him to visit the inside of a jail to speak to some inmates to try to encourage him to change his ways.

I'm just wondering how I would go about setting something like that up. Do jails even do tours and allow children to hear stories from inmates?How would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?
About 2 months ago, I had an in depth conversation with a Florida cop, and he explained that that was illegal. A form of child abuse or something he said. A friend of mine asked if he could put a kid in the backseat of the cop car just to kind of scare him straight and he was like no because you never know who is watching and how many cameras are on you. If someone was to see the kid crying and freaking out that that would bring unwanted attention to the force and could get him in trouble for mental abuse. Crazy I know. The shows that have the kids visiting jails have sooo many release forms signed by parents, judges and counselors. Start with an attorney and try to see a judge for permission. Good luck.How would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?
call the steve wilkos show..

last week he took a teenage girl to prison to set her straight.How would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?
Try contacting your local police. They might be able to have a police officer talk to the child and a scary view of their jail. That might be a good start.How would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?
its a good idea



i would suggest maybe a quick walkthrough of the prison, then get some folks who were there and straightened out to come chat with himHow would I go about setting up an inside tour of a prison to scare a child straight?
Buy him a meal from the jails catering service. MAKE HIM EAT IT WHILE EXPLAINING THAT IS WHAT HE WILL BE EATING FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS.