Thursday, September 22, 2011

How many miles will I walk?

Hey, I'm 18 years old, fairly fit, and I'm about to take part in an expedition around August. The temperature will be about 25 on a good day, and as low as 17 on a bad day (celcius). I'd be carrying a small bag, maybe 15-20lbs, plus a tent which i would carry half the time, my buddy the other half. Taking into account, breaks,, and setting up camp etc, how many miles approximately could a person walk in a day taking in all these factors into accout?How many miles will I walk?
honestly its a matter of determanation, ive seen people go for a lil then i seen others go forever, so its really up to you%26gt;

goodluckHow many miles will I walk?
average person's walking pace ~3.5 miles per hour.

12 hours walking = 42 miles.

If you spammed it, no stops, dawn till dusk power-walking, you could cover over 50 miles.

You don't want to set up camp in the dark and you will want to stop to eat and rest, so about 40