Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to restore the original setting of the start button on my PC?

I have sent out my computer to be reconfigured because the system slows down. When it was returned to me all the original setting of my PC specifically its start button and contents were changed.



Before if I press start, automatically I can find the search button and can use it immediately and if I want to pin to start any program, I can. But now everything has changed from the way I wanted it.



Anyone who can find solution to my problem?How to restore the original setting of the start button on my PC?
Do you mean the Start menu button on your task bar?



To get the Search button back you need to right click on the Start button and select properties. Under the Start menu tab click Customize. Under the Advanced tab find the Search item in the scroll box, and tick the checkbox beside it. That should restore the Search button to the Start menu.



For the programs you want to pin to the Start menu, you just need to drag and drop the .exe in the area above the recently used programs. Don't drop shortcut in there as it will just return errors when you try to run them.



Hope this helps