Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much would it cost to fix my laptop?

There are a couple things wrong with my laptop, so here we go:



1. My father set a startup password on it, which he doesn't remember, so we can't get on it. (I've heard several explanations for fixing this, some say it can't be fixed and some say I need to send it to the factory, I guess).

2. There's something wrong with the screen, where it is always extremely blurry or just white, unless it's tilted back and forth again and again and again to find a certain angle that will make the image on the screen appear (I have no idea how this even happen, but it's gotten progressively worse and if I keep using it it'll probably not work anymore).

3. It runs extraordinarily slow almost to the point of not being usable, and while I guess this isn't a problem that prevents it from working, I'd still like it fixed.



My laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook PC running windows vista. Any help?

Thanks :)How much would it cost to fix my laptop?
it'd be better to get a new laptop. you can find a cheap one by going onto a site called www.slickdeals.net and they have extremely good deals daily on laptops.How much would it cost to fix my laptop?
1. you can do this by yourself, just use the windows recovery disc that came with your pc

2. depends on how serious the problem is, i cant tell from here, it may be a simple problem with the screen being poorly plugged into the motheboard, or the cord that connects them or the slot that it connects to is ruined.

if it is small problem (more likely), the shop you take it to regular one hour rate.

if serious, hard to estimate, but rather much

3. do a complete reinstall, windows becomes heavier as it has been used longer, a complete reinstall is neccisary every now and then, check the shops you take it to rate for an os installation.