Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do i put a password onto my wireless internet connection?

I have a Netgear router which connects to a USB stick in my computer. I have recently discovered that this is %26quot;open%26quot; and neighbours can access the internet via this. How do I password protect it?

Its all set up and working well so I dont want to uninstall and then set it up again. Is there not an easier way? Just from the main menu?



ThanksHow do i put a password onto my wireless internet connection?
Wait so on a USB stick? Hmm I don't really know... but have you tried 192.162.1.1 or 192.162.1.2 as a link, while connected to the internet and the username and pass is admin?How do i put a password onto my wireless internet connection?
Connect to your router, either by a cable or using your wireless connection. (if you are using the internet through it, then you are connected.)

For netgear go to your internet browser and type in %26quot;192.168.1.1%26quot;.

Type in the username/password. Which is probably either admin/pass or administrator/password. (It usually says the default name/pass on the side of the router.)

On mine, it says %26quot;Wireless settings, then under %26quot;Security Encryption (WEP) key%26quot; you type in the passphrase and generate one, or you can type one in. If you type it in, it needs to be the correct length and I believe it only uses numbers. Ours is a 10 digit key.