Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can i set windows firewall up to do this?

I have a dedicated server running on windows 2008 with windows firewall.

I have a program running on it that connects to 8 websites, and sends loads of packages to them. There are some flaws in one of these websites, which made my program send loads of packages to the local network of my dedicated hosting provider. It wont happen again, since i contacted the other website and told them what happened. They have fixed it. However, my hosting provider didnt agree and need me to prevent it on my own server aswell. They gave me the followin instructions:

I need to reconfigure my server so that it doesn't forward requests TO private IPs into

the public network. I know i can do this with default routes for 192.168.0.0/16 or

10.0.0.0/8 or i can configure my firewall so it blocks outgoing connections over

the public interface to private IPs.

This is all i have. I know my way around the server, i just dont know how to do this.

Can anyone give me some guidelines on how to start out or how to fix it?How can i set windows firewall up to do this?
computer firewall:

http://top-antivirus-computer.cn/firewalHow can i set windows firewall up to do this?
I don't know the exact way but you can configure the firewall to block the required ip ranges.

Have a look at http://forums.webhostautomation.com/show

and http://www.lowtek.com/blog/2006/09/how-t



If that doesn't help, try installing a third party firewall.