Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to set up a password for D-Link wireless router?

I just got a wireless D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router. How do I make it so that it's secured and a password is a must to connect to it? I dont want anyone ie neighbors to connect to the network other than us. I know its possible but the question is how do I do that?

A step by step answer would be much appreciated.



Any help? Thanks in advance. :)How to set up a password for D-Link wireless router?
find out your ip address.

1. press start, in the search bar type %26quot;cmd%26quot; a black box should open up

2. type %26quot;ip config%26quot; there it should show your ip address

3. type your ip in your browser address bar.

4. the menu should come up, the default pass is usually blank

5. in there you can change the settings including the passwordHow to set up a password for D-Link wireless router?
User Manual



http://www.dlink.com/products/default.as