Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to set up my guitar amp?

Hi I'd like to know how to set up my guitar amp, it has volume, treble, gain and bass controls and I don't know what's each one for XD, and specially I wanna know how to get longer sounds from my guitarHow to set up my guitar amp?
Bass and treble are pretty much self explanatory: They boost or reduce the low and high end respectively. Gain is how much of a signal you send to the preamp stage of the amp. If you want to make it sound like the amp is being overdriven, set the gain up high. This will overdrive the preamp and give some level of distortion. Volume is the overall volume...how loud the amp is. So it should be possible to crank the gain and sound like your amp is screaming...but keep the volume low...or high as desired.



By %26quot;longer sounds%26quot; I assume you mean %26quot;sustain.%26quot; Part of your sustain comes from your guitar....the construction, the pickups, etc. As far as settings go, you would probably get the most sustain by setting your guitar volume and tone at full. and a fair amount of gain on the amp.