Thursday, June 2, 2011

I would like to gain 5-10 lbs in muscle for football?

I recently lost weight an now I would like to put on some muscle for football. I am 14 and 5'11%26quot; and about 140lbs. I can do weights whenever but I shouldn't do them on practice days (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays) because we do weights then. Mainly I want to work on my biceps, shoulders, chest, abs, and quads. Please give names of specific exercises and how many sets of how many reps thanks.I would like to gain 5-10 lbs in muscle for football?
I turn 14 in October. im 5'10 and i weigh 151 pounds. I started at around 146 and got 5 pounds of muscle.



For shoulders and chest try doing regular benches or dumbbell benches. if you use dumbbells just push them like you would if you were just benching regularly.3-5 sets of 6 should work.



For your biceps you can do curls or rows, if you dont know what rows are. Stand up with your arms at your side. and bring the dumbbell up like your rowing a paddle boat. 3 sets of 12 or 15



For your abs you can hold on to a weight by your stomach and do sit ups. do it until you start feeling a burn then do 20 more.



For quads jump on a bike and try biking 5 or more miles every couple of days. I do 6 miles mon-thurs for an exampleI would like to gain 5-10 lbs in muscle for football?
all i know for chest and shoulders are the butterfly machine 3 sets of 10 should be fine